Say NO to the Obama Tax Compromise!
Do not let Congress compromise with Obama. "The Compromise" is against everything the House Republican Leadership agreed to in the "Pledge to America." This type of behind closed door politics is not what "We the People" voted for in November. Read more...
Sign Tea Party Patriots' petition against "The Tax Deal" with Obama.
Don't allow Congress to Compromise with Obama.
Here are the reasons why this tax bill must be opposed as outlined by Hugh Hewitt in TownHall.com:
- "The Deal" was forged in secret, without consultation with the scores of new representatives and senators who campaigned on a much different agenda- much less with their supporters and contributors who worked for two years and gave vast sums of money so that a new start could be made, one built on transparency and principle.
- "The Deal" like Obamacare, isn't reduced to writing even now, when Senator Reid says a vote could be held on Saturday. Like Obamacare, we are being told we will have to pass the bill to find out what is in it.
- "The Deal" revives the death tax, an immoral "vampire tax" that sucks the blood from the dead, ruins family businesses and double taxes savings that were accumulated over a lifetime. It took ten years of gradual step downs to eliminate the tax, and now "The Deal" revives it at 35% with a $5 million dollar exemption, a rate that looks and feels permanent and which will immediately impact tens of thousands of families in 2011 and when inflation works its way into the system, thousands more over time. The GOP has spent years making the case against the death tax on moral and economic grounds, and in the course of a weekend of secret meetings, it gave that issue away.
- "The Deal" spends billions and billions of dollars that the country does not have in order to prevent a tax hike that the country voted against. In essence the GOP bribed the president to follow the will of the people. There is at least $75 billion in new spending in the plan, agreed to by the GOP less than 5 weeks after the country fairly screamed "Stop Spending Our Children's Money!"
On September 23, all of the House GOP leadership agreed to the "Pledge to America ." A photo op was arranged at the Tart Lumber store in Sterling, Virginia, and the senior leaders of the would-be majority, with their shirt sleeves rolled up, took the pledge and asked America for the majority back. There are at least five provisions of the Pledge that are violated by "The Deal." In September the House GOP promised to:
- "Permanently Stop All Job-Killing Tax Hikes" (p. 16)
- "Act immediately to Reduce Spending" (p. 21)
- "Cut Government Spending to Pre-Stimulus, Pre-Bailout Levels" (p. 21)
- "Read the Bill" (p. 33)
- "Advance Legislative Issues One at a Time" (p. 33)
The assault of "The Deal" on "The Pledge" will make the latter a joke, and instantly impacts the credibility of all future efforts to propose agendas to the electorate.
The idea that this massive tax and spend bill has not yet even been written but may be voted on by the Senate this weekend is appalling, and has rightfully drawn the anger of the TeaPartyPatriots.org and other Tea Party activists, an anger that will not diminish.